[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Subscribe to Faulknerslight.org”]
Faulkner’s Light Brigade
The Faulkner’s Light Brigade (FLB) was formed as a commission of the Guilford Preservation Alliance in 1991. Its fundamental mission was to investigate the ways and means of saving the historic Faulkner’s Island Lighthouse and the island itself from threatening erosion in the east embankment.
Faulkner’s Island Light has been waging a war with nature. Erosion has been eating away at the bluff the lighthouse stands on at a rate of at least six inches per year, so that the tower now stands about 35 feet from the brink. In 1991, to try to save the venerable structure, the nonprofit Faulkner’s Light Brigade was founded as a commission of the Guilford Preservation Alliance. The Faulkner’s Light Brigade now has about 1,000 members. The rescue of Faulkner’s Island Light is well underway, but the Faulkner’s Light Brigade still needs your support. Learn more…
The Latest News…
Saturday, September 8,2018
OPEN HOUSE 9am – 3pm
(Rain date Sunday September 9th)
- There will be no ferry transportation from the mainland to Faulkner’s Island this year.
- A water taxi will transport private boaters that anchor west of the island from 9am until 3pm
- To hail water taxi – Charly More – Channel 68
- NO private vessels will be allowed into the island boat basin at any time.
- Kayaks, canoes, dinghies and other small vessels will be permitted to beach their crafts just north of the island boat basin from 9am to 3pm
- This is a joint venture of The US Fish and Wildlife Service, The US Coast Gaurd, and Faulkner’s Light Brigade
- Safety is our primary concern. Inclement weather and/or high seas will cancel the event.
CANCELATION INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED ON THE FLB FACEBOOK PAGE
Eric Emanuelson – 203-314-6996
Financial donations are very much appreciated from ALL guests, this is a fundraiser for the Faulkner’s Light Brigades Mission of Restoration and Maintenance of the historic Lighthouse.