Carved tern by avian wood sculpture artist Keith Mueller – Killingworth, CT.
Keith Mueller is a unique and unbelievably talented artist and a life time resident of Connecticut. Mueller has been awarded the celebrated title of World Champion Carver twice, and is only one of a few carvers in the world, to win in more than one division at World Level Competition in the prestigious Ward World Championships. He is also the first and only Carver/Artist to win all three of the hunting decoy divisions at the Ward World Championships.
Mueller holds prestigious titles in both the art and the carving world. He attained the distinguished title of International Woodcarving Champion at the North American Decoy Carving Championship held by the International Woodcarvers Association. He is also a New England Grand Masters Champion as well as a twice-honored “Living Legends” Master folk artist in decoy carving sponsored by the State of Connecticut Endowment for the Arts.
Mueller has always been a believer in supporting his community through conservation groups and wildlife organizations. His educational seminars and displays, as well as his donations of carvings and artwork, are well known throughout New England.
This sculpture is 12 inches long from beak to the tail and is mounted on a wooden stand. The bird is carved from tupelo wood. Tupelo wood is used extensively by artistic woodcarvers, especially for carving ducks and other wildfowl.
Proceeds from the auction will support the basic mission of FLB. -The Faulkner’s Light Brigade continues to work on the historic preservation of the lighthouse, erosion control of the island to protect the lighthouse and preservation of the wildlife habitat.
Here is how it works:
- The bidding starts at $25.00 and the minimum bid is $25.00
- You may place a bid by leaving a comment below with your bid amount
- All comments and bids appear chronologically so you can follow along to make certain you have the winning bid at any time
- The bidding starts August 10th 2012 and closes September 14th at midnight - just 3 days after our Open House
- If you would like to bid anonymously please contact our web master for assistance at email@example.com